Hopefully you all submitted your abstracts to the 2015 International Society of Biomechanics Congress. Don’t forget to register for the congress at http://www.isbglasgow.com/. Our team has developed some new and exciting programming ideas for the congress that we hope you will enjoy!
- Mock Academic Interview - open to all delegates:
Interested in pursuing a career in academic? Curious about the Academic Interview Process? Come watch a mock academic interview with a keen Post Doc (played by Prof. Phil Rowe). The audience will have the chance to quiz the candidate, and at the end of the session, decide if he gets the job!
- Mentoring Session (must be attended by ISB student members who wish to be included in the Student Excursion) - open to EDC student and student ISB members:
Over lunch, get a chance to chat with an expert in your field. Please indicate your expertise and a question you have upon registration.
- Inaugural Women in Biomechanics Lunch - open to all ISB members:
A Networking and conversation forum to celebrate contributions from the women of ISB over lunch.
- Outreach Lunch – open to all delegates:
Are you interested in engaging the public with your work? Unsure how to write a lay abstract? Struggling with engaging industry? Want to maximize the impact if your findings? This lunch and learn provide tips to increase outreach and translation of your work.
- Cool Under Pressure – open to all delegates:
‘Stress is the adverse reaction that people have to excessive pressure or other types of demand placed upon them’. Do you feel stressed? Come to this lunch and we will provide you with few tips and tools on how to manage stress, keep calm and stay positive. You will also get the chance to experience a few minutes of relaxation techniques to boost your attention for the next conference session!
Special thanks to Enrica Papi (PDF, Imperial College, London), Andrea Hemmerich (Economically Developing Countries Officer), Prof Phil Rowe and the congress organizers for their fabulous ideas listed above!
Do you have an idea for a session or activity at the 2015 ISB Congress in Glasgow? Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Call for nominations – ISB Trainee Spotlight
We are accepting nominations for the ISB Trainee Spotlight. We will post small stories about ISB Trainees and some of the fabulous things they are doing. You may nominate a colleague or yourself, as long as they are a current ISB Trainee. Supervisors can nominate trainees, too! We hope this will be a fun way to showcase our fabulous trainee group on Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter.
To submit a nomination for consideration, please submit the following to email@example.com:
1) a short paragraph about the individual
- the university they attend,
- their research focus
- why you think they should be a spotlighted trainee
2) a picture
3) a statement acknowledging the nominated individual is aware of the nomination
4) a statement confirming the individual is comfortable with their photo being posted on the ISB Facebook and LinkedIn Pages
As always, feel free to contact me with any questions or suggestions. Don’t forget to follow @ISBiomechanics (twitter), International Society of Biomechanics (Facebook), International Society of Biomechanics Student Group, and the International Society of Biomechanics members LinkedIn page.
All the best,